Commercial Director at innovative plant-based ingredient Start-up
Are you a food enthusiast who wants to disrupt the food industry with us? Let’s revolutionize the dairy alternative category together. We’re looking for an entrepreneur who brings commercial and strategic skills and preferably understands the rapidly growing plant-based food market.
We’re providing creamy ingredients for tastier, healthier, and more sustainable dairy alternatives. A Wageningen University spin-off that grew out of the university labs and pilot plants, setting up an industrial production line and bridge science with sustainability and taste.
We all know that dairy has a large impact on the environment and that incorporating more plant-based alternative ingredients in our diets can help reduce our impact on climate change. However, not many plant-based ingredients can match the taste and creaminess of original dairy. For this reason, we’ve developed creamy plant-based ingredients, produced with our proprietary technology, that can provide an irresistible taste and mouthfeel. Creamy ingredients are desperately needed in the booming market of plant-based products and we strongly believe that without them there will be no successful plant-based transition in our diets.
We’re on a co-development journey with our customers to create the most creamy, clean label and sustainable dairy alternatives. How? We’re improving our creamy ingredients in an iterative way (Test, Learn, Built) together with our customers. In this way, we’re developing ingredients that are just as good as dairy cream and have customized performance in plant-based cooking creams, spreads, ice creams and sauces. Our TTM time machine is currently pulled by fast moving and innovative customers, soon by impressive established players.
What does it mean to be a Commercial Director at TTM
- You have a passion for sustainability, nutrition and healthy food
- You develop the (future) Sales & Markets for our product and applications
- You own the Customer Pipeline and you find creative ways to attract new leads
- A skilled Customer Relationship Manager who likes to not only build but also maintain these human interactions
- The owner of our short and longer term Sales Strategy
- You have a passion to spot new product fits that attract and delight new and existing customers
- You will build our commercial entity which means installing processes and automation as well as attracting and growing a team that will be behind the TTM commercial engine
- You are willing to expand this role further and shape it as our venture grows
- At least 3 - 5 years in in Business Development/Commercial type role in the F&A sector and you can bring an existing network
- In setting up a commercial structure (processes & people)
- Ideally you have been part of a growing company either as entrepreneur or as a management team member
- You are well equipped in setting (sales) strategies and executing them accordingly
- You have lead people and/or teams in the past
- You have some financial savviness that you can bring with you
- Food Tech background an extra advantage
- Entrepreneurial experience preferred (e.g. track record of having worked and developed a venture from startup to scaleup in the past - experience of growing a company)
- You take the lead to develop our Business & Market for our ingredients
- Able to attract, explore & sell into new market opportunities
- Able to translate the technical business proposition into a sales proposition
- Setting short- & long- term commercial strategy for the company
- Skilled Communicator in written & spoken (English is a must, other languages are welcome)
- Setting up and leading a commercial entity (processes & people)
- Building and maintaining (commercial) relationships and networks
- A Team-player (Humble, Hungry and E-Smart)
- Willing to learn with us as supposed to tell us what to do
- Competent to grow and expand the role
What we offer?
- Be a core management team member participating in key strategic decisions together with the technical co-founder(s)
- Salary will be based on experience
- Equity participation in the company is part of the deal
- This is a full-time role
- A dynamic, fun loving start-up environment in a small, agile team.
Please apply directly by sending your motivation letter & CV at: email@example.com